Click on any date to exand the event.
Old Inlet Spring Surf Fishing Tournament
Saturday, May 11, 2019
Hosted By Old Inlet Bait and Tackle
- Men and Women: $30 (16 and over)
- Kids: all children 15 and under fish free, but must be registered
Fishing License Requirement:
A fishing license is required for saltwater fishing in Delaware waters. This license covers saltwater, freshwater and crabbing and clamming. Licenses are available for purchase at Check-in.
Designated surf fishing areas in the Delaware Seashore State Park. Conquest Road south to the 1000 foot marker north of the Indian River Inlet. All of 3R's Road fishign area. Keybox Road just south of Dewey Beach is not in the tournament area. Fenwick Island State Park is not in the tournament area.
Conquest Road, Faithful Steward Crossing and 3R's Road.
3R's Road and Conquest Road.
Largest Qualifying Fish of Tournament: $1,000.00
Open Division (Men and Women 16 and over)
- Most Points $750 and Trophy
- 2nd Points $500 and Trophy
- 3rd Points $350 and Trophy
- 4th Points $150
Ladies Division (all female participants 16 and over)
- Most Points $250 and Trophy
- 2nd Points $100 and Trophy
- 3rd Points $50 and Trophy
- Female participants are welcome to participate in the Open Division and/or Women's Division
but are only eligible for one prize in one division or the other. Choice must be made at awards ceremony.
- Most Points Surf Rod/Reel and Trophy
- 2nd Points Spinning Rod/Reel and Trophy
- 3rd Points Tackle Box and Trophy
Special Grand Slam Prize:
- Okuma Rod & Reel Prize will be awarded to registered angler with greatest total cumulative length of three different qualifying species. (No addition charge.)
For example: 12 inch Kingfish + 28 inch Striper + 14 inch Bluefish = 54 cumulative points in the Grand Slam Prize Category
*All Prizes based on 250 registered participants
Calcutta/Added Entry - Largest Bluefish of Tournament - $10.00 per qualified participant.
In addition to our regular prize money, any angler 18 years of age or older registered in the tournament may enter this level for $10.00. 100% of the monies collected will be paid back to the Largest Bluefish in the tournament.
*Any angler registered in the tournament 18 years of age or older may enter.
Pre-registration, in person at Old Inlet or by mail, accepted until Monday, May 7, 2018. Otherwise, registration can be made at Old Inlet on Friday from 12pm until 8pm. Or, on Saturday from 5:30am until 7am. Registrations will not be accepted after tournament fishing hours start at 7am on Saturday.
All tournament anglers must check in at Old Inlet to obtain tournament score sheet and packet. Check-in time is Friday from 12pm until 8pm or Saturday from 5am until 7am. Absolutely no check-in available after 7am on Saturday the day of the tournament.
Saturday 7AM until 3PM
No more than 2 rods per angler and no more than two hooks per line. There are no restrictions on bait, sinkers or line.
- All 4Wd vehicles must have a Delaware Surf Fishing Vehicle Permit. Three day special event vehicle permits will be available for purchase at Check-in.
- No fishing other than in designated tournament areas.
- Person baiting, casting the rod, hooking the fish must land the fish.
- All fish must be caught on hook and lure and landed on beach.
- If gaffing is required to beach fish, assistance may be used provided the fish is fully visible from the beach
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in disqualification. Final ruling will be made by tournament committee.
- No lines in the water before 7am
- Castnets are not permitted during tournament fishing hours.
- Fish are scored to the individual who catches them.
- Judges will be patrolling the beach during fishing hours to measure and record catches on tournament score sheets.
- Any disputes will be resolved by the judges
- All fish will be scored by the length of the fish as measured from the tip of snout to the tip of the tail.
- One point per inch. No partial points will be awarded.
- Release Incentive - released fish will earn 1 point Release Bonus. (Bring a bucket to keep fish alive until judge measures them - place bucket in front of truck to let the judges know you have fish to be scored)
- Once a fish is measured a section of the tail will be cut and that fish is no longer eligible.
- Total points determine winner(s).
- Ties on total points will be broken by most fish. If tie continues, points of the largest fish will be totaled. If tie remains unbroken, prize money will be divided.
- Ties for largest fish of tournament will result in money being divided.
- Score Sheets must be turned in to judges or Old Inlet no later than 4:30pm. Score sheets must be signed or they will be disqualified.
A list of qualifying species and minimum scoring requirements will de distributed at the time of check-in in tournament packets.
In the event of State beach closing due to heavy surf, prizes will be awarded by lottery at the Awards Ceremony on Saturday, May 11 at 4:30pm. (pending 250 registered anglers)
Prizes will be awarded at 4:30pm on Saturday, May 11 at Savages Ditch Pavillion. You must be present to be eligible for prizes.